Saturday, September 11, 2010

Group dot critique

So first my group placed my top sixteen sketches in the gestalt principles that they thought they belonged to. It turns out a lot of the ones I had done for similarity seemed like proximity to them, so there were very few similarity to choose from but plenty of proximity. They also pointed out to me that most of my compositions had a lot of big dots and yet somehow also a lot of negative space. The reason I made the dots big was to put them in the proper scale so they looked like my thumbnail sketches, and I also wanted to make them visible from far away. My group also stated that my proximity and similarity sketches were very random visually. The reason behind that was i wanted to make my similarity sketches as random as I could so that the only thing that looked the same was the size of the dots, so that people could tell it was similarity, obviously my plan didn't work. "Too Much Random You Haxor" is what I was told by one of my group members about all the visually random sketches i had. So from this critique i was suggested that i should vary the sizes of my dots for my final four sketches that would create the final product. I also wanted to try and reduce the negative space i had possibly for my proximity piece. So my group gave me very helpful advice during their ten minute critique of my top sixteen sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment